Seborrheic Dermatitis is generally can be seen on scalp. When scalp is red, itchy, flakes deposit on scalp then it could be considered as Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is also compared with psoriasis and when produce on body too.
What Cause Seborrheic Dermatitis?
- Genetically transferred
- Bad food habits or less nutrient foods(excessive consumption of fried and oily food)
- Environmental condition also affects if autoimmune system is weak
- Cosmetic allergies
- Mental Stress
- Sharing combs, soaps, towel
It is generally seen maximum cases of oily skin. Sebaceous glands(fatty tissues) creates a layer and maintain water in equilibrium on skin surface. Sebaceous glands secretes sebum an oily substance. Sebum save from fungal infection and dry skin. It keeps the skin moist. In adulthood due to harmones increase the level of sebum. Sebum then covers the follicles by combining with dead cells results in dry skin. Seborrheic Dermatitis squamous-papule common places are near eyebrow, nose, scalp, cheeks, beards, waist. Due to excess of sebum papulo-squamous creates on body.
Area where it produce due to insufficient supply of blood and lack of proteins and vitamin B-6. In ayurveda dry skin cause by vata dosha imbalance. Using of excess oil on scalp, not bathing properly, not taking nutrient food, taking excess of alcohol and meat aggravate Seborrheic. Seborrheic Dermatitis can be suppress but cannot be cure.
Home Remedies to Cure Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Mix neem oil with sesame oil and some marigold flower leaves(remove tail of marigold) . keep it on low fire for five minutes only then apply on scalp and take early morning sun shine.
- Use eggwhite from two eggs mix fresh lime juice of one lime. Apply it on the scalp to provide protein to scalp.
- Prepare a powder of fennel and coriander in equal parts mix double quantity mishri(sugar). Take daily morning and evening 5gm(1 tablespoon) with luke warm water for atleast 2 weeks.
- Take wheat grass juice daily 20ml in night before sleep. Also can be apply on affected skin. For this take a tray add soil into it. Add wheat seeds into it. After 10 days when grass will develop, pluck it and make a juice. A paste also can be made for apply. Yes this is a long procedure but fresh wheat grass is better than to take syrups from medical stores because they effect slowly. Wheat grass juice act a blood purifier and natural anticeptic.
- Take turmeric powder half to one tablespoon mixing in hot milk. Also can be apply on itchy parts mixing with coconut oil.
- Use two tablespoon of fenugreek seeds soak them overnight in water. Grind them and make a paste, apply that paste over scalp. Wash it after half an hour with soap-nut(ritha) solution or shikakai.
- Mix two tablespoon green gram powder with curd and wash the hair at the interval of every 3 days. Green gram powder is very valuable home remedy to cure dandruff also.
- White beet should be boil in water. Sieve it and massage before sleep.
- Apply snake gourd juice over the scalp. Bitter gourd leave juice is also good remedy.
- Take 20-25 basil leaves mix with 4 tablespoon of amla powder add some water to make paste. Apply it over the scalp. Wash it with cold water after half an hour.
- Mix equal quantity of dried curry leaves, lime peel, shikakai, fenugreek seeds and green gram. Grind them finely. Use this powder as a substitute of soap or shampoo.
- Mix almond kernels, lime juice 1-2 tablespoon, 20 neem seeds, groundnut oil. Mix them all leave overnight and apply over scalp next day.
Some Ayurvedic medicines for Cure Seborrheic Dermatitis
Warning: Do not use them by your own take doctor advice always before using them. Every human body is different and reacts differently for every medicine. Below are only for information purpose.
You can go for panchkarma therapy like snehana with panchtikta ghrita and mahatikta ghrita. Svedana with bashpa sveda therapy vamana and virechana, abhyanga with durduraptradi or triphaladi taila, nasya with nimbi taila.
Neem capsules (1-1 morning and evening)
Dhurdurapatradi taila or somraji taila for massage
Decoction of neem, shikakai, reetha
What diet you should take and what to avoid?
Diet plays a very important role in curing Seborrheic Dermatitis
- A light sunlight should be taken
- Eat only nutritious foods, short fasts, starting with fruit juices like pomegranate, bitter gourd, green juices, beetroot juice, carrot juice, amla juice, aloevera juice whatever is available for first week 3 times. Citrus fruits, bananas, dried, stewed or tinned fruits should not be taken.
- Always drink luke warm water.
What to avoid in diet?
- Meats, sugar, alcohol, white flour, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, oily, fried, processed foods like finger chips or any kind of chips, pizza, things made from cheese or yeast products like bread, burger, spicy and excess salty food, seafood, curd(yogurt).
- Avoid shampoos containing selenium sulphide(it cause hair loss and eye damage)
- Avoid stress do meditation for 5 minutes only with long breath in and out early morning or evening on empty stomach.