Human born on this earth are integral part of the system. According to the seasons he choose the right foods and fruits to increase or balance his immunity. But the time when he decide to overeat any fruit or food whether due to taste or due to hunger. He actually calls a diseases.
Taking right foods at right time when there is an urge. there is no scope of diseases. The person who knows his diet. He never know his diseases. Majority of diseases come through mouth, as it is the gateway then to digestive system. Every food has to travel first with mouth and then with digestive system.
Digestive system decide whether it will extract a health juice out of those diet or a poison. Human choice of Diet decide that he need healthy extract or a poison. In today’s world there is great trend of eating fast foods, fermented foods, cold drinks, alcohols. Definitely it will not give human body a healthy extract instead will give poison a slow poison.
What is Hyperacidity?
If human makes a habit of eating these kinds of spicy foods, fermented food, alcohol, or a heavy diet which takes time to get digest will create a burning sensation in stomach as time will spend day by day. Result will be hyperacidity, improper digestion. In ayurveda it called a Amlapitta means increase of Pitta (body heat).
Excessive consumption of sour and spicy, heavy foods, overeating, increase acid secretion in stomach causing hyperacidity. Some other factors also there to cause hyperacidity is fear, sorrow, tension, anxiety.
How to recognise the sign of Hyperacidity?
- Sour or bitter taste in mouth after taking food.
- Heart burn with a burning sensation in middle of chest.
- Burning sensation in throat
- Stomach discomfort
- Stomach burning
How to Cure Hyperacidity at home?
- Early morning always drink at least two cup of water.
- Take 2 tablespoon of aloevera gel(from plant) with a pinch of baking soda for immediate results.
- Take one cup of water, one lime and baking soda, sugar. Add about 10 drops of lime into water. Mix organic sugar half tablespoon into it and then add a pinch of baking soda. Immediately drink the mixture to neutralize heartburn and acids in stomach.
- For hyperacidity and indigestion always drink papaya juice with mixing organic sugar one tablespoon and 2 pinch of cardamom. Do not give it to pregnant women it may cause miscarriage.
- Before going to bed always drink one glass warm milk mixing 2 tablespoon organic sugar. For this we need 3 seeds of black pepper and half tablespoon desi ghee(cow ghee). Roast seeds in ghee and make powder. Sprinkle the powder into the milk and stir the milk thoroughly and drink it warm.
- Take one tablespoon of coriander seeds roast them and make powdered. Soak them overnight in a cup of cold water. Next morning on empty stomach decant the water and consumed to get rid of abdominal discomfort and dizziness. This remedy balance all disorders caused by pitta imbalances.
- Take juice of white pumpkin with coconut milk and mishri.
- Coconut is very helpful remedy to cure hyperacidity. It can be taken two to three times a day.
- Taking 3 to 5gm of mulethi powder with cow milk is very good to cure hyperacidity, acidity and stomach ulcers.
- Take 1 teaspoon of mint juice , one teaspoon lime juice, one forth part of ginger juice and pinch of black salt. Mix all and drink.
How Hyperacidity is treated in Panchakarma therapy?
- Snehana with guduchi (giloy) or dadima ghrita or mahatiktaka ghrita
- Steam therapy with neem and yashtimadhu decocation.
- Purgation with avipattikra churna or trivrit leha with 20-30gm with milk.
How hyperacidity is treated with ayurveda palliative therapy?
- Syrup himcocid from Himalaya with water thrice before meal.
- Sutashekhara rasa 2 tablespoon before meal with water
- Avipattiakara churna 1-2gm with milk thrice a day before meal.
- Kamadugha rasa 5gm or one tablespoon thrice before meal.
- Tab sooktin (Alarsin)- 1-2 with water thrice before meal.
- Shatavari 3gm and Liquorice powder 3gm with milk 15 to 30 min before meal.
Note: Do not take any medicine by itself. Always take doctor’s advice before taking.
What to avoid in Hyperacidity?
Avoid heavy meals at night.
Avoid day sleep after food.
Avoid acidic heavy foods and alcohol that trigger heart burn.
Avoid spicy, heavy, hot, sour, oily foods.
Do not suppress natural urges.
Avoid anxiety, worry, anger, tension, stress etc.
Don’t take anything in between meals.
Avoid aspirin and other steroids or drugs. If still you need them take only on full stomach.
There are many other home remedies to cure hyperacidity, burning sensations, stomach burning, throat burning etc. I will try to enclose all other possible those home remedies too in this topic later.